ERA Transformers is committed to listening to its customers and continually improving its products and services to achieve excellence in all facets of their manufacturing, sale, and distribution, while meeting the highest standards of environmental responsibility.
ERA Transformers manufacturing facility is certified to ISO9001:2008 quality management system requirements, in compliance with which an organization:
- Demonstrates its ability to consistently provide products that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the quality management system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
ERA Transformers manufacturing facility is certified to ISO 14000, which help control environmental impact and constantly improve its environmental performance. The ISO 14000 framework for effective environmental management allows ERA Transformers to:
- Reduce the cost of waste management
- Save on the consumption of energy and materials
- Lower distribution costs
ERA Transformers believes that products must be manufactured with minimum risk to human health and the environment.
The Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive limits the amount of six hazardous substances to be used in manufacturing many frequently used Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE).
ERA Transformers’ goal is to meet the substance restrictions of the EU RoHS legislation, except where there is no technically feasible alternative, pursuant to exemptions under the EU RoHS Directive.
REACH is a European Union (EU) chemicals regulation to improve the protection of human health and the environment. It came into effect on June 1, 2007 and will be completely phased in by the end of 2018. ERA Transformers fully supports REACH’s objectives.
REACH requires the electronics industry to
- Assess the properties of chemicals
- Manage the health and environment risks
- Communicate information to suppliers and users
- Progressively substitute for the most dangerous substances when suitable alternatives have been identified
ERA Transformers will meet all REACH requirements and will supply customers with information about chemicals in our products.
Transition to Lead Free Products
ERA Transformers has developed a plan for transitioning to lead-free products, and, in compliance with IPC/JEDEC J-STD-609, it provides comprehensive environmental labeling of components to identify Pb, Pb-free, and other attributes.
If customers require more information on the materials used by ERA Transformers, the ERA customer sales force will be happy to provide it.